- The CD that shipped with the router has been lost or cannot be read, or
- Errors occur when running the configuration program, or
- The router is not connected to a computer using the Windows operating system.
- Connect your router to a computer by plugging one end of an Ethernet Cable into any of the four LAN ports on the back of your router.
http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com
Note: The URL changes by the product model. You can sometimes find the login URL and default login information on a sticker on the bottom or back of the router.
- Enter the username (admin) and password. By default, the password is password or 1234 (for older router models) unless it has already been changed.
- To install your router, simply click on the "Setup Wizard" link at the top of the left-hand navigation menu once you are logged into your router, and follow the displayed instructions.
- If you are familiar with networking, instead of using the setup wizard, you can use the menu to access the various setting screens and apply the settings that you want manually.