How to Set up Netgear WNDR4000 N750 Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Router
Your home networking needs have a solution and that is the Netgear WNDR4000 N750 Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit router. It’s an excellent router designed to offer excellent wireless coverage across throughout your home or office to help you wirelessly surf, email, print, or back up data using USB storage device. Also, it’s easy to set up and configure this router using the installation disk or the web-based interface. let’s check the steps given below and install the Netgear router: (Find Here Netgear router support)
1. Before beginning, make sure that you have login details of your ISP to connect to the Internet. Also keep the router login details handy. The default username and password will be printed at the bottom of the Netgear router. (See Also Default Password for Netgear Devices)
2. Power off all your devices viz. the DSL modem and computer. First connect the DSL cable to the Internet port of your DSL/cable modem. Now connect your Netgear router to your modem using the Ethernet cable (a yellow cable, it may also be of different color)
3. Now connect your router to your computer using the Ethernet cable. Plug the Ethernet cable in to one of the 4 LAN ports at the back of the router and run its other end into the Ethernet port of the computer.
4. Now plug the modem and router in their respective Power outlets. Make sure that your computer is also plugged in its Power outlet. Turn on the modem first and let it boot properly. When done, power on the router also and wait for its power cycle to complete.
5. Turn on your computer afterwards and wait for Windows to load. When done, you should see the Power, Wireless and Ethernet lights lit up on the router. When done, insert the Netgear router setup disk in the drive of your computer. For the web-based method, skip to the step number 8.
6. Once the installation media has been detected, Windows will automatically launch a Netgear Welcome screen. Click the Router Setup option. Follow rest of the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of your Netgear router.
7. Make sure that you provide all the required details and make a note of them during the setup procedure. These details include wireless network name (SSID), security key, router’s login details etc.
8. When finished and if required, restart your computer. You can now begin to connect to your wireless network and do miscellaneous things. If you want to quickly skip to the home network setup and configurations, launch your web browser after booting up all the devices.
9. Type ‘192.168.0.1’ in the address bar of your browser and hit Enter. Provide the router’s username and password if prompted. Since you are setting up your router for the first time, the interface will direct you to the Netgear setup screen.
10. You can now set up your home wireless network, create a custom password, configure firewall of parental controls, or do miscellaneous things. Do not forget to make a note of the details for future use. (See Also how to restore a Netgear router to factory defaults)
Call Us +1-855-517-2433 (Toll Free)